Saturday, June 5, 2010

Homeward Bound



Three pets (Chance, a young dog unfamiliar with the world; Shadow, an aging, wise dog; and Sassy, a snobby cat) are left behind when their family goes on vacation. Unsure of what happened, the animals set out on a quest to find their family. This journey across America is very dangerous and the animals risk never seeing their masters again. The group of pets travel across forested mountains and areas of wide-open countryside, while their family searches for them in the same areas IMDb

I just thought I'd give a quick review about the movie we rented yesterday as a family. My daughters viewed it for the first time. I loved it just as much as I did the first time I saw it. I think my husband got teary like the rest of us but don't quote me on that one. Michael J Fox as Chance was awesome.
We couldn't decide if we liked Chance or Shadow better. Today all I hear from the kids is:" Can we get a golden retriever?" EVEN JON!! sigh! :)

I have to say that when the movie "Babe" came out, the animation world got really excited, it was the first time they were able to make the mouth of an animal move naturally when it spoke. Like a human would. In this movie, the mouths don't move when they speak and I like it better, it's more natural.. more real!
It's strange to use the word real when we all know animals don't speak but you get my point. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment